WHO IS A MENTOR?
a mentor basically is an experienced and trusted advisor. Mentorship is relationship in which more experienced or more knowledgeable person helps to guide less experienced or less knowledgeable person. The mentor may be older or younger than the person being mentored, but he or she must have a certain area of expertise. It is a learning and development partnership between someone with vast experience and someone who wants to learn. Mentorship experience and relationship structure affect the ” of psychosocial support, career guidance, role modeling, and communication that occurs in the mentoring relationships in which the mentors engaged.
NOW THERE CAN BE BOTH GOOD AND BAD MENTORS.
WHAT IS GOOD MENTORING?
Good mentors do not take their responsibility as a mentor lightly. … A good mentor is committed to helping their mentees find success and gratification in their chosen profession. Overall good mentoring requires empowering the mentee to develop their own strengths, beliefs, and personal attributes.
QUALITIES OF A GOOD MENTOR?
- A sincere desire to be involved with a young person $
- Respect for young people$
- Active listening skills $
- Empathy $
- Ability to see solutions and opportunities $
- Flexibility $
- willingness to share skills, knowledge and experiences $
- takes personal interest in mentoring relationship.
- Demonstrates a Positive Attitude and Acts as a Positive Role Model.
- provides positive guidelines and constructive feedbacks $
- values ongoing learning and growth in the field.
- Sets and Meets Ongoing Personal and Professional Goals.
- Respected by Colleagues and Employees in All Levels of the Organization.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MENTORING?
Mentoring relationships are shared opportunity for learning and growth. Many mentors say that the rewards they gain are substantial as those for their mentes, and that mentoring has enabled them :
- Have fun
- Achieve personal growth and learn more about themselves
- Improve their self-esteem and feel they are making a difference
- Gain a better understanding of other cultures and develop a greater appreciation for diversity
- Feel more productive and have a better attitude at work
- Enhance their relationships with their own children
Above all, a good mentor is willing to take the time to get to know their mentee, to learn new things that are important to the young person, and even to be changed by their relationship.
HOW CAN MENTORING HELP PEOPLE GROW ?
Mentoring basically provides a key resource to these employees during this crucial learning phase.
Mainly Mentoring is important, not only because of the knowledge and skills students can learn from mentors , but also because mentoring provides professional socialization and personal support to facilitate success in graduate school and a beyond. Quality mentoring greatly enhances students’ chances and
” Just like watering make plants grow, mentors make people grow”
THANKYOU FOR READING 🙂