MATERIAL REQUIRED FOR CHOCOLATE
Cocoa Powder Method (Beginner)
- 3/4 cups (595g) cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup (170g) butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 2/3 cup (150ml) milk, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (30g) powdered sugar
- 1 cup (235ml) water
Cocoa Bean Method (Advanced)
Cocoa beans ( 1 lb or 0.5 kg is a good amount to start with)
- You can also buy cocoa nibs and skip Steps 1 and 2
- Cocoa butter
- Nonfat cocoa powder
STEPS ARE AS FOLLOWS :-
1 Place the water in a pot and heat it. Keep it below boiling
2 Combine the cocoa powder and softened butter in a bowl. Cream together until you have a smooth paste. Use a fork, food processor, or even an immersion blender to eliminate lumps.
3 Add the cocoa powder mix to the hot water and stir. Allow the temperature to rise back up. Again, it should be hot but not boiling.
- Pour the hot mixture into a bowl.
4 Sift the powdered sugar in a separate bowl. Eliminate as many clumps as you can. Stir the sugar mixture into the hot cocoa mix.
- Add milk. Blend until smooth.
5 Pour the mixture in thin layers across the bottoms of various containers. Since the chocolate will take the shape of the container, a rectangular casserole dish will work well for a rectangular bar.
6 Harden overnight in the refrigerator or freezer.